Under-eye dark circles ruin your skin glow and give you a tired, aged, and dull look. It is an apparent sign that you are not providing sufficient rest and care for your eyes. Generally, there is a misconception that there is no permanent cure for dark circles. But there are some easy ways by which you can eliminate it.
Here we have gathered some natural tricks that help you vanish under-eye dark circles quickly.
Table Of Contents
- The Causes Of Dark Circles Around And Under The Eyes?
- Best Routine To Remove Dark Circles
- Medical Procedures To Fix Under-Eye Dark Circles
- Nutrients To Get Rid Of Dark Circles
The Causes Of Dark Circles Around And Under The Eyes?
Dark circles affect men and women (rarely in children). Many things cause darkness and puffiness in your under-eye area. Here are some
- Sleep Cycle: Sleep deprivation makes your skin appear dull and paler.
- Eye Strain: Spending more time on devices can strain your eyes and enlarge and darken the blood vessels around the skin.
- Sun Exposure: Excess melanin production due to sun exposure gives a dark look to your under-eye area and develops under-eye wrinkles.
- Unhealthy Choices: Eating high sodium, processed, and junk foods, smoking, and alcohol consumption dehydrate your body and affect skin health.
- Retinol Use: Long-term use of retinol creams may thin your delicate skin around the eye and turn it darker.
- Dehydration: When your body is not getting enough water, your skin becomes dehydrated, dull, and lifeless.
- Skincare Mistakes: Rubbing your under-eye area to remove eyeliner and mascara may cause capillary damage and inflammation.
- Biological Inheritance: Your genetic code plays a vital role in developing dark circles under your eyes.
- Natural Aging: With aging, the dark blood vessels under this area become more visible, making the skin appear darker.
- Skin Allergies: Rubbing and scratching the skin around the eyes due to allergy conditions make your skin appear darker.
- Anemia: Conditions like anemia result in paler skin and dark circles under your eyes.
Best Routine To Remove Dark Circles
Here is a list of simple and easily doable methods to give a new glow to the skin around your eyes.
Do Some Lifestyle Changes
- Ensure you get at least eight hours of sleep each night.
- Reduce your stress with some simple yoga techniques.
- Use extra pillows under your head to reduce the fluid pooling in your lower eyelids.
- Use sunscreen protection or wear hats or caps to minimize the intensity of sunlight that falls on your face.
- Eat more fruits and vegetables enriched with vitamins and nutrients to repair the skin around your eyes.
Changes In Makeup And Skincare Routine
- Use the right shades of concealer and foundation to hide the under-eye circles.
- Use eye gel or under-eye cream to rejuvenate the skin under your eyes.
- Use a moisturizer based on your skin type to provide the most needed hydration to your eye area.
Try DIY Methods
Coconut Oil: Lighten your skin and reduce dark spots.
How To Use:
- Apply coconut oil to your washed face.
- Gently massage the area underneath your eyes for a few minutes.
- Allow it to absorb completely into your skin.
- Rinse it in lukewarm water.
Coffee: Unveils a brighter complexion by removing the pile-up of impurities and dead skin layers.
How To Use:
- Make a thick paste of organic ground coffee powder and coconut oil.
- Apply this paste under your eyes and let it sit for 15 minutes.
- Finally, wash it off with a mild cleanser.
Yogurt: Slow the production of melanin and brighten the skin overall.
How To Use:
- Apply a paste of fresh yogurt and lemon juice on the affected area.
- Let it dry for 15 minutes.
- Wipe it off with a wet cloth and enjoy the results.
Cold Tea Bags: The astringent properties calm skin inflammation and brighten your skin’s darkness.
How To Use:
- Keep the tea bags in the refrigerator for a few hours.
- Take it out and place it on your closed eyes for 10 to 15 mins.
- Repeat regularly to enjoy effective results.
Rose Water: Treat hyperpigmentation and reduce dark spots, sunspots, and acne scars.
How To Use:
- Soak a cotton ball in rose water.
- Apply this cotton pad onto the eyes at least twice a week.
Lemon Juice: A natural bleach that lightens and brightens the skin.
How To Use:
- Apply lemon juice under your eyes with the help of cotton pads.
- Let it dry for 10-15 minutes and wash it.
- Do it daily for good results.
Medical Procedures To Fix Under-Eye Dark Circles
If you feel low self-esteem because of your under-eye circles, choose the most appropriate treatment from the following list (only with the help of a dermatologist).
- Chemical Peels: Chemical peels can safely rejuvenate your skin, decrease dark spots and under-eye circles, and enhance the tone and texture of your skin.
- Laser Therapy: It lessens the fluid spread induced by broken capillaries and gently exfoliates your skin to minimize skin darkness.
- Dermal Fillers: This method helps restore the volume beneath the eyes and erase the dark circles.
- Eyelid surgery: In eyelid surgery, your surgeon removes or repositions excess skin or fat in the eyelid. It effectively vanishes your dark circles and gives your skin a rejuvenated look.
- Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) Injections: This injection encourages collagen production that plumps dark hollow skin under your eyes. Thus, the dark circles will become less noticeable.
Nutrients To Get Rid Of Dark Circles
Your food habits can significantly impact your skin health and develop dark circles. Try to include the following nutrients in your daily food chart.
Nutrient#1: Vitamin A
Function: Increases collagen production and reduces the under-eye dark circle.
Vitamin A-rich foods are liver, fish, eggs, dairy products, fortified low-fat spreads, yogurt, oranges, and tomato.
Nutrient#2: Vitamin E
Function: The antioxidants help fight free radical damage.
Vitamin E foods are wheat germ oil, sunflower seeds, safflower, soybean oil, almonds, peanuts, peanut butter, and collard greens.
Nutrient#3: Vitamin K
Function: Reduce the visibility of blood vessels and strengthen the capillary walls.
Vitamin K-rich foods are kale, collard greens, broccoli, spinach, cabbage, and lettuce.
Nutrient#4: Omega-3 Fatty Acids
Function: Shields the skin from radiation and defends the body against allergies.
Eat more fish (salmon, mackerel, tuna, herring, and sardines), walnuts, flax seeds, spinach, broccoli, guava, raspberries, and mangoes to get omega-3 fatty acids in ample amounts.
Nutrient#5: Vitamin C
Function: Brightens under-eyes skin, fights free radicals, and boosts collagen production.
Include kiwi, oranges, grapefruit, lemon, bell peppers, tomatoes, strawberries, broccoli, cabbage, brussels sprouts, cauliflower, and white potatoes in your daily food chart.
Function: Improves the supply of oxygen in body tissue
Eat more dark chocolate, white beans, oysters, organ meats, soybeans, lentils, and spinach.
Sleep-Inducing Foods: Almonds, turkeys, chamomile tea, kiwi, tart cherry juice, fatty fish, walnuts, and peanut butter at night can give you a deeper sleep.
Annihilate Under-Eye-Dark Circles
Under-eye dark circles are not permanent. You can eliminate it by trying natural remedies and lifestyle changes. Also, remember that you cannot eradicate it within two or three days. It is essential to give some healthy time for our skin to show results.
Note: Go for medical procedures only if needed.
Q: Can I remove the dark circles permanently?
A: Yes, you can do that with proper treatments. Your permanent results are based on aftercare. You have to avoid the causes and pay attention to your habits.
Q: Is it possible to cover my under-eye dark circle with makeup?
A: Yes, you can cover it easily with a good foundation and concealer. The most important thing is choosing the best color that suits your skin tone.
- Dark Circles Under Your Eyes: Causes, Treatments & Prevention Tips: https://skinkraft.com/blogs/articles/dark-circles-under-eyes
- How to Get Rid of Dark Circles Permanently: https://www.healthline.com/health/how-to-get-rid-of-dark-circles-permanently
- Dark Circles Under Eyes: https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/symptoms/23128-dark-circles-under-eyes
- Nutritious Foods To Banish Dark Circles: https://www.healthifyme.com/blog/nutritious-foods-banish-dark-circles/
- All About Dark Circles And How To Remove Them Permanently: https://www.femina.in/beauty/skin/all-about-dark-circles-and-how-to-treat-them-57696.html