“Hey!! Why are your hands so dry?”
Is this the question you often hear from your buddies and circle?
We often pay attention to grooming ourselves by trying different cosmetic products. The mistake we make is picking a product that doesn’t suit your skin type and needs, which could lead to dry skin, white patches, and roughness.
Do you really worry about this skin condition? Fret not.
Here we have mentioned some simple steps to soothe dry skin and preventive steps to stop the comeback.
Table Of Contents
- Is Your Skin Dry? How Can You Tell?
- Common Conditions Lead To Dry Skin
- Simple Ways To Cure Extremely Dry Skin
- What Do Dermatologists Advice For Extremely Dry Skin?
- Can Dry Skin Be Prevented In Any Way?
- Add Moisture To Your Dry Skin
Is Your Skin Dry? How Can You Tell?
Here are some visible signs that help you tell if yours is dry skin.
- You may experience skin tightness or itchiness most often.
- You can feel the roughness while touching your skin.
- Also, you may notice flaky skin with an ashy look, scaling, and peeling.
- The skin on your legs and hands appears like a cracked, dry riverbed.
Common Conditions Lead To Dry Skin
Here are some environmental factors and habitual mistakes that make our skin dry.
Let’s check some environmental factors here.
- A hot shower for a long duration dries out your skin.
- The weather condition, temperature, and humidity in the place where you live can negatively affect the health of your skin.
- Detergents, body spray, soap, body wash, and cleansers with harsh chemicals dry out your skin.
- Some places may require heating devices to maintain the atmosphere’s temperature. These devices can also affect your skin and make it dry.
- Even sun exposure can dry out your skin by drinking away the moisture from your skin layers.
Here are some other conditions that lead to skin dryness
- Less water intake forces your skin to lose its plumpness and softness. Thus, it becomes dry with lines and wrinkles.
- With eczema, your skin fails to retain its moisture and becomes dry and flaky.
- Certain medications and treatments you undergo to treat your diseases may make your body lose its fluid content and become dry.
- Some may have an eating disorder called anorexia. Dry skin is common in these people due to the lack of vitamins and nutrients in their food.
Simple Ways To Cure Extremely Dry Skin
There are many ways to treat your extreme skin dryness. Some methods may be easy, and others may be complex. Here we are telling you how to say goodbye to extremely dry skin.
First, moisturize your skin often. Next, the most simple and affordable way to treat any skin condition is to include more skin-friendly vitamins and nutrients in your daily food plan.
Choose them based on their availability in your location, and incorporate these fruits and vegetables in your daily routine as juice or salads. Those can give your skin the nutrients needed to maintain moisture without significant effort and economic loss.
Here are some vitamins and nutrients your skin loves.
- Vitamin D – Squash, carrots, meat, fish, broccoli, pepper, avocado, and mangoes.
- Collagen – Bone broth, seafood, eggs, citrus fruits, berries, organic chicken, leafy greens, nuts, and bell pepper.
- Vitamin C – Papaya, guava, gooseberry, broccoli, lemon, kiwi, tomato, strawberry, snow peas, oranges.
- Vitamin B – Whole grains, milk, eggs, yogurt, mushrooms, sunflower seeds, and legumes.
- Vitamin E – Sapote, avocado, asparagus, spinach, olive oil, shrimp, and almonds.
- Zinc – Avocados, pomegranates, blackberries, guavas, raspberries, apricots, cantaloupes, peaches, and kiwifruit.
What Do Dermatologists Advice For Extremely Dry Skin?
First, your dermatologist asks about your daily habits and skincare routine. After analyzing various factors, they suggest some changes. These changes can help you see improvements.
If these suggestions do not show the expected improvement, your dermatologists check your skin and suggest the treatment your skin needs. As our skin conditions and requirements vary from person to person, a dermatologist gives you a customized treatment plan that satisfies your unique skin needs.
Can Dry Skin Be Prevented In Any Way?
Yes, you can prevent skin dryness easily. It is possible to keep skin dryness at bay with proper care and a perfect skincare routine.
Drinking more water and keeping your skin hydrated are the two essential steps you can do without effort. So do it plenty. If you want to try tasty juices, have a look at our juicing plans.
Always use lukewarm water to wash your skin, and do not harshly rub your skin while bathing. Avoiding the direct flow from heat sources and air conditions can also help prevent your skin from drying out.
Strictly follow the plans and rules in your skincare routine.
- Moisturize your skin whenever it is needed.
- Cleanse or remove the makeup before you sleep.
- Choose natural homemade cleansers to avoid the adverse effects of chemicals.
- Protect your skin from too much sunlight with sunscreens (physical or chemical).
- Choose the products considering your skin type and conditions.
- Say hello to skin-friendly ingredients and big bye to harsh chemicals.
- Put a full stop to the product if it irritates your skin.
- Include more natural ingredients in your skincare routine and fruits and vegetables in your diet.
If you spot skin dryness on your legs, regularly smooth it with a pumice stone. Thus, you can protect it from turning into severe conditions.
Add Moisture To Your Dry Skin
Dry skin is a big concern that compels you to ignore your favorite footwear, makeup look, and dresses. This condition makes your makeup uneven-textured. Sometimes, it forces you to cover your hands or legs in public as your skin contains white patches of dryness.
Stop worrying and give your skin the proper care, which is the key to making it happy, moisturized, and soulful.
Q: Specific medication may cause skin dryness: Is it true?
A: Yes, medications for high blood pressure, diabetes, kidney problems, and skin inflammation may dry out your skin with regular use.
Q: What are the foods that make my dry skin worse?
A: Intake of coffee, salty food, sugar, refined carbs, and alcohol may suck the moisture from your skin layers, leaving it extremely dry and soulless.
Q: Is baby oil good for my dry skin?
A: Yes, you can use baby oil. It makes your skin smooth and glow by creating a semi-breathable protective layer over your skin and locking the moisture.
- Dry Skin: https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/dry-skin/symptoms-causes/syc-20353885
- What Causes Dry Skin And How To Treat It: https://www.healthline.com/health/dry-skin
- Dry Skin: https://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/dry-skin
- Dry Skin: https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diseases/16940-dry-skin
- 10 Surprising Causes Of Dry Skin: https://www.everydayhealth.com/beauty-pictures/7-surprising-causes-of-dry-skin.aspx