Hair loss is a widespread issue among men and women. Losing a few hair strands in a day is quite normal. But noticing more strands of hair on your pillow, clothes, shower drain, food, and couch could be embarrassing.
Various treatments are available to address hair fall and quickly help you regrow hair naturally. Furthermore, adding rich sources of superfoods that contain much-needed vitamins and nutrients is good for your body’s health, promoting hair growth and preventing hair fall. We have gathered some great food sources, healthy smoothies, and Ayurveda herbs to help you easily fight this hair fall woe.
Table Of Contents
- Foods To Stop Hair Fall And Promote Hair Growth
- Effective Hair Mask For Hair Fall And Hair Regrowth
- Healthy Smoothies For Hair Growth
- Ayurveda For Hair Growth and Hair Fall Control
- Promote Hair Growth
Foods To Stop Hair Fall And Promote Hair Growth
Consuming the right nutritional foods may help with hair follicle regrowth and cellular turnover, thus making your hair stronger and healthier. Eating foods rich in vitamins C, E, and D, biotin, and zinc is good for your overall health and hair health. Incorporate these authentic foods in your diet for hair growth and control of hair fall.
- Berry – Vitamins B and C make your hair healthy and improve growth.
- Biotin – An essential vitamin B that promotes hair health and growth.
- Strawberry – Vitamin C improves collagen production and makes the scalp and hair follicles healthy.
- Mango – Fiber, folate, vitamins A and C, and iron in mangoes improve the overall health of your body, which in turn improves hair health.
- Walnut – Vitamins E and C, antioxidants, protect your hair against UV damage, and zinc helps hair follicle recovery.
- Flaxseed – Lignans, protein, and omega-3 fatty acids in flaxseeds improve hair strength and regrowth.
- Greek Yogurt – Protein and vitamin D in this ingredient nourish hair follicles from the inside out.
- Carrot – Vitamin A and E improve blood circulation on your scalp and promote hair growth. Beta-carotene prevents hair loss.
- Cantaloupe – Inositol, a form of vitamin B, in cantaloupe promotes hair growth and prevents hair loss.
- Mint Leaves – Helps in reducing hair breakage and give your hair a natural shine.
- Grapefruit Pulp – Vitamin A, C, and B1, pantothenic acid, copper, fiber, potassium, and biotin in grapefruit protect, cleanse, revitalize your scalp and promote hair growth.
Effective Hair Mask For Hair Fall And Hair Regrowth
Try these DIY hair mask recipes to control fall and regrow healthy hair. You can make these hair masks with easily available ingredients and boost your hair growth and density.
1. Olive Oil And Egg Mask For Hair Fall Control
Olive Oil: Olive oil can block the production of Dihydrotestosterone (DHT), the primary reason for hair loss. The antioxidants in olive oil protect the scalp and hair from free radical damage and help you maintain hair health.
Egg: Egg is an excellent remedy for hair loss and hair regrowth. Proteins, minerals, and B-complex vitamins in eggs control your hair loss by strengthening the hair root. These nutrients also improve the rate at which your hair grows.
How To Prepare:
- Take egg yolk in a bowl and blend it well to make a paste.
- Add two tablespoonfuls of olive oil to it.
- Apply this paste on your scalp and hair thoroughly.
- Let this hair mask sit for 15-20 minutes, and then wash it off using mild shampoo.
Coconut Oil: Coconut oil slows hair loss by preventing protein loss. This oil moisturizes your scalp and removes buildup around your hair follicles to kickstart hair growth.
Avocado: Potassium and amino acids in avocado helps revitalize your dry hair. Avocado unclogs your hair follicles, reduces hair damage and loss, and stimulates regrowth.
How To Prepare:
- Blend overripe avocado with a few drops of coconut oil to a smooth paste.
- Apply the paste on your scalp and hair.
- Leave the hair mask for 20 to 30 minutes and rinse it with lukewarm water.
Banana: Banana is a rich source of potassium, magnesium, proteins, vitamin C, vitamin B6, and dietary fiber. These are vital nutrients for hair growth. Also, silica in bananas is a mineral element that makes your hair stronger and thicker and helps your body synthesize collagen.
Honey: Honey can wake up your hair follicles that have become dormant. This natural antioxidant makes your scalp healthy and stimulates hair growth. The vitamins and nutrients in honey boost hair strength by reducing hair breakage.
How To Prepare:
- Beat up two mashed bananas, one egg, and two tablespoons of honey.
- Apply this mixture to your hair and let it stay for 20 minutes.
- Wash your hair thoroughly with natural shampoo.
Curry Leaves: Vitamin C and B, proteins, and antioxidants in curry leaves contribute to cellular regeneration and promote blood circulation in the scalp. Thus, it promotes hair growth and boosts the overall health of the scalp.
How To Prepare:
- Blend 20 to 25 curry leaves with half a cup of coconut oil to make a paste.
- Boil it on low heat for a few minutes, and then allow it to cool.
- Once it becomes lukewarm, apply it to your scalp and hair length.
- Gently massage your scalp and rinse it with warm water and gentle shampoo.
Raw onion juice boosts hair growth by nourishing your scalp and stimulating collagen production. Onion is a natural remedy for those struggling with hair thinning and balding.
How To Prepare:
- Grind onion and squeeze the juice into a bowl.
- Dip a cotton pad in onion juice and apply it to your scalp and hair.
- After a few minutes, wash it using gentle shampoo and conditioner.
Onion smells pungent, and you may add a few drops of essential oil to curb the odor.
Healthy Smoothies For Hair Growth
Here are some smoothies for hair growth and hair fall control.
Recipe: To promote hair regeneration, prepare this smoothie by blending ¾ cup of blueberries, ¾ cup of almond milk, one tablespoon of shelled hemp seeds, and ¼ of an avocado. Top up with chia seeds and enjoy the smoothie.
Recipe: Blend three large chard leaves, one cup mango pieces, one cup strawberries, one cup plain yogurt, ¼ cup walnuts, and one tablespoon flaxseed with half to one cup water. Consuming this smoothie will help improve hair growth.
Recipe: Blend ½ cup of carrot, ½ cup of cantaloupe, grapefruit pulp, and ¼ teaspoon Himalayan pink salt to prepare this excellent hair growth smoothie. Top up with mint leaves and enjoy it.
Ayurveda For Hair Growth and Hair Fall Control
Age-old Ayurveda methods help in treating hair loss issues and hair regrowth naturally. Some herbs in Ayurveda restore hair growth and control hair loss. These herbs can be used as a hair mask, oil, or hair wash powder.
- Brahmi (Water Hyssop Plant) – This herb reduces hair fall considerably and accelerates hair growth by nourishing hair roots.
- Amla (Indian Gooseberry) – Indian Gooseberries contain vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients. Overall, it increases blood circulation in the scalp and improves hair growth.
- Fenugreek Seeds – The rich iron, protein, and nutrient content promote healthy hair growth.
- Shikakai (Acacia Concinna) – Its pods, leaves, and bark contain vitamins A, C, D, E, and K that cleanse and nourish your hair and speed up its growth.
Promote Hair Growth
Many remedies are available to regrow your hair and control hair fall. Being consistent in a plan and trying a multidirectional approach by combining different techniques and a versatile diet to maintain a balance may give you better results. You must also choose the right hair care product to strengthen your hair.
Hair care problems vary from individual to individual. If there is no improvement with natural remedies, consult a doctor to diagnose the underlying cause and treat it accordingly. Also, reduce the unhealthy habits that cause your hair to thin out.
Q: Is it possible to regenerate new hair?
A: It depends on the hair follicle. If it is intact, there is a possibility of hair regrowth. But if the hair follicle is scarred, disappeared, closed, or hasn’t produced any hair in many years, then the chance of this hair follicle regenerating is very low.
Q: Can you regrow hair quickly?
A: Generally, the hair grows at a rate of 6 inches per year. The growth rate varies for each person, and other internal and external elements may also impact hair growth.
Q: What vitamins are required for healthy hair growth?
A: Vitamins B, D & E, zinc, biotin and iron are essential nutrients that help maintain healthy hair and prevent hair loss.
- 10 Natural Hair Treatment Tips for Hair Growth: https://www.healthline.com/health/regrow-hair-naturally#alternative-options
- 7 Proven Ways to Regrow Hair Naturally in 3 Weeks with Facts & Myths: https://bebodywise.com/blog/regrow-hair-naturally-in-3-weeks/:
- Afraid Of Going Bald? Try These 10 Home Remedies To Prevent Hair Loss: https://www.healthshots.com/how-to/10-home-remedies-to-regrow-hair-and-increase-hair-density/
- 15 Effective Hair Masks To Treat Hair Loss: https://www.stylecraze.com/articles/effective-hair-masks-to-treat-hair-loss/
- 6 Effective DIY Hair Masks That Reverse Hair Fall And Treat Hair Loss: https://www.pinkvilla.com/fashion/beauty/6-effective-diy-hair-masks-reverse-hair-fall-and-treat-hair-loss-841342
- These Homemade Hair Masks Will Give You Longer, Thicker Hair Instantly: https://www.bebeautiful.in/articles/homemade-hair-masks
- 15 Best Smoothies For Boosting Hair Growth: https://www.stylecraze.com/articles/smoothies-for-hair-growth/
- Healthy Hair Growth Smoothies – 6 Recipes You Must Try: https://easyhealthysmoothie.com/hair-smoothies-healthy-recipes/
- 5 Smoothies Recipes to Promote Hair Growth: https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/curls/5-smoothies-recipes-to-promote-hair-growth